Friday, April 20, 2007

Powell and Rice Tell The Truth About Iraq



Powell said this at a recent speech.

“People would say to me, ‘You're the black Secretary of State' and I'd reply, ‘Is there a white one?'” he said. “I would say I am the secretary of state who is black. The word black has to come after what I am, not before it.”

Former U.S. Secretary of State Gen. Colin Powell is no doubt a great American. Generally I have found most of his statements and actions to be Culturally Healthy. This is a remarkable achievement for an African American in public office. His speech is a good one, his points about diversity I agree with.

However, think about this particular statement he made, are you your "job" and does your ethnicity come after your job? How does this statement relate to cultural integrity? Do you think such a mind set would have any effect on a person's personal integrity under pressure?

For full story click here


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments:

FB Tweet G+ Like Buttons