Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Irish Leprechauns Were Originally Black?

You can imagine my surprise, many Years ago, when I first read about the Scottish historian David Mac Ritchie and his findings that the original Leprechauns were ethnically the wee Twa people of Africa.

If my memory serves me, he was pointing out that some of the early inhabitants of Ireland were Black wee people standing no more then 4 feet 11 inches tall. They had great knowledge of many things including medicinal technology. This knowledge of herbs and other wisdom was considered magic by the local people. Later this magic came to be symbolized by the magic dust of the leprechaun. I always found these findings most interesting.


It is interesting to note that Africans in America still participate with our fellow Irish American citizens in a culturally healthy way as they celebrate their heritage.

Let's Go to the Video Tape


You will not that this is not a St Patrick's day parade from the main New York City borough of Manhattan shown on the network news going down Fifth Ave. But a community parade in the outer borough of Brooklyn in my home town. I think it gives a more homely feel to all the different ethnic groups that that naturally help celebrated this ethnic holiday.

A recent comment to an article in my MSNBC/Newsvine column caused me to look around in Cyberspace for my recollections. The three paragraphs below, the link to their origin and the other pictures and links is what I ran across.

A loving statue Seneb, a 4th or early 5th Dynasty dwarf  his wife Senebtite and children
The first records of dwarfs comes into recorded history in Classical African Civilization (CAC), Kemet (Ancient Egypt). The Kamau held the Wee Africans in high regard.
Click Here

CAC as the world's first nation state was in the majority Black , but also the world's first multi-ethnic Nation in recorded history and the center of the civilized world in its time. Tolerance was a fundamental principle of the ancient ones as noted below from their records


"Mock not the blind nor deride the dwarf nor block the cripple's path; don't tease a man made ill by a god nor make outcry when he blunders." Source and more information on the Wee people in CAC Click Here. 
"...Candid authorities like the British Egyptologists Gerald Massey and Albert Churchward, the Scottish historian David Mac Ritchie, and the British antiquarian Godfrey Higgins, have done exhaustive research and brought many facts to our knowledge. Tacitus, Pliny, Claudian and other writers have described the Blacks they encountered in the British Isles as “Black as Ethiopians,” “Cum Nigris Gentibus,” “nimble-footed blackamoors,” and so on.

From all indications, the ancient dwellers of the British Isles and Ireland, like the Kymry (one of the names given to the earliest inhabitants, from whom the Picts and Scots descended), were Blacks. David Mac Ritchie has provided substantial evidence in his two-volume work, Ancient and Modern Britons that the Picts as well as the ancient Danes were Blacks.

The Partholans, Formorians, Nemeds, Firbolgs, Tuatha De Danann, Milesians of Ireland and the Picts of Northern Scotland were all Blacks. The Firbolgs (believed to be a section of the Nemeds) are believed to be so-called pygmies or the Twa. They are the dwarfs, dark elves or leprechauns in Irish History. The British Egyptologist Albert Churchward is convinced that the Tuatha-de-Danann, who came to Ireland, were of the same race and spoke the same language as the Fir-Bogs and the Formorians..."
Source: MEGALITH: THE BLACK BUILDERS OF STONEHENGE

contemporary African Wee People pose for picture with a European


I hope you found this Cultural Literacy information intriguing. If you find any more linkable information on this interesting aspect of Irish ethnic history and heritage please let me know.

6 comments:

wheelchairs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aunk said...

Hetep and Respect, look up the word Pygmy in Wikipedia.

Cultural Poisoning Alert

The term "pygmy" is sometimes considered pejorative. However, there is no single term to replace it that covers all African pygmies.

You will find culturally unhealthy phrases like this in the article. Take it with an African grain of salt.

Bes is the word in metu Neter (hieroglyphics) for the African wee people. Europeans Said bes was a "God". You need African 3D reading skills to get a full understanding of Bes.
American Dwarf's prefer to be called Little People. I tend to want to call people what they want to be called, if it does not present a Cultural Health conflict. What word do you think should replace the culturally poisoned term Pygmy for African Little People?

Aunk said...

Article Update:

Two Actions I took in honor of St Patric's day and in an effort to improve Irish American Cultural Literacy in general and my own literacy regarding my fellow Irish American citizens.

1. As a wikipedian, I corrected the Pygmy doublespeak in the article of the same name see correction below.

The term "pygmy" is sometimes considered pejorative. However, there is no single term to replace it that covers all African Little People.[6]

My son Aunk II recommended that I make this change. Check to see if it is still there and let me know.

2. I said to my self I have a lot of instruments on my Iphone i.e. Piano, Guitar, drum kit, bugle. I wonder if there are Bagpipes in the App store? Sure enough there is an app for that, in it was on sale for St Patric's Day $0.99 so I got it. The name of the App is Blowpipes. There is also a keyboard app by the same programmer called Epipes.

I will get Epipes next year and learn to play at least one Irish ditty.

You should see the look on people's faces when I show them my Shamrock on my portable communications device and start playing my Bagpipes. lol.

Anonymous said...

This is real and I am researching this. My fathers side of my family were Ethiopian slaves here in USA. My father did sharecropping growing up. One plantation he lived on was inhabited by one of these small Africans. He would talk to my father and it was about gold!!! My father was frightened by him...he never caused harm...he showed my father things...My other side happens to be Irish Royalty...funny how it links up...I have more info about this matter...if interested I will check back here...Peace~Shalom~Selam...<3 Sheeba

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's impressive Sheeba, to have tracked down your family tree so far back. There hasn't been any "Irish Royalty" since the end of the 16th century.

Sophie Grace said...

Thanks for sharing informative post. It is one of the best site that I have visited. Hope you will share more quality blog posts thank you. net worth

FB Tweet G+ Like Buttons