Friday, September 28, 2012

One Android User's iPhone App Envy

 "Most of the year, I'm an Android user. My personal phone is an Android device, as are most of the gadgets around here. But for about two months each year, I'm an iPhone and iPad tester, and that's when I get horribly envious. You see, it's the apps. Especially the games.


After four years of intense competition, the quality and availability of leading third-party iPhone apps still beats Android, even though Android phones have much greater market share. We've seen it in study after study: more people own Android phones, but developers prefer iOS. Apple's phones are easier to develop for, with less fragmentation, less piracy, and a higher rate of developers getting paid for their efforts."

Aunk's Commentary:
We all know that the best developers write for Iphon/Ipad first. When the Ipad made the genius move of putting a quad graphics processor in the Ipad this was another mark of the Job's A Team understanding how to attract and keep the best developers.

The best keep secret in the smart phone wars in the post PC world is that "it's the Apps stupid". So it is most interesting to hear a member of the Droid tribe honestly talk about the app realities that everyone interested in buying an interpersonal computer (IPC) should know.

The thing I use my Iphone for the least is as a phone. Like in the PC Wars, people buy things because of price and apps. The same is true in the IPC wars its the killer app that captures the long term consumer.

'via Blog this'
Source: One Android User's iPhone App Envy |

2 comments:

mageeswanson said...

I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

ոտքերի ցավ said...

Nice review, thanks for dropping by!

Regards,
ոտքերի ցավ

FB Tweet G+ Like Buttons