Sunday, May 22, 2011

Obama Heads to Ireland to Meet More Family

It is interesting to note that I am in the last part of the book Dreams From My Father, where Obama is in Kenya meeting his family just before he goes to Harvard. In many ways Barack Obama is a good example of what Culturally Healthy American behavior looks like.

In many ways this story reminds me of a made for TV Move Roots, but a kind of updated modern Root's Part 2. When I watched the original Roots this is not the part 2 that I would have thought of.

Not only does the Obama election mark the dramatic improvement in America's 21st century National Cultural Health, compared to the 20th century, but Cultural Health seems to have improved globally. What do you think?

If you thought this piece on Obama and Ireland was edifying you will love my piece on Black Leprechauns.

Obama heads to Ireland in search of his roots

"You discover a lot about yourself when you're running for president," Barack Obama said on the campaign trail in 2008. "It was brought to my attention last year that my great-great-great-grandfather on my mother's side hailed from a small village in County Offaly."
Irish relatives await Obama's arrival
Two years into his presidency and Obama has decided to pay that small village a visit. If a village can get emotional, Moneygall -- with its 300 residents -- is in raptures. Children sporting "O'Bama" T-shirts skip along the high street waving American flags. Beaming villagers scramble up ladders to smarten up the fronts of their homes.
Read more at www.cnn.com

No comments:

FB Tweet G+ Like Buttons