Sunday, February 20, 2011

Daytona 500 Results Trevor Bayne Win 2011

If you missed the race here are the highlights in 7 minutes, what a finish! I will also tell you how to run a Daytona 500 on your cell phone. (Video)

The biggest single day sporting event in America. The stands hold 160,000+. I have seen 200,000 attendance estimates in the past and 2011 was a record crowd.

Let's Go To The Video Tape



I built a couple of cars at Brooklyn Automotive High School in New York and use to do a little racing when I was younger. I watched the 500 all the time when I was a kid. I was actually at the Daytona track one year and took a one lap tour around the track.

Today I saw the pre-race show, then went for my Sunday swim at the club, came back and watched the last 30 laps. Man those cars can move 9,000 RPM 200+ MPH.

Well in my elderhood I am now restricted to racing on my Iphon 4, Real Racing 2 has many tracks but one of them, King's Speedway, is an oval track. I don't think you have the stamina or focus to go 200 laps like in the Daytona 500 but you can probably make it for four laps on the Ipad/Iphone.lol



See, you made it through 4 laps, congratulations. On the Iphone you can run your car in automatic or various levels down to manual.  That gas pedal on the lower right of the screen is the manual accelerator. Going around the big oval is a lot harder then you think, but it is great fun and for elders it builds new neurons in the brain. Study's demonstrate that the brain can repair itself and create new pathways. Doing things that are new can renew your brain. Doing things that are fast like driving at 200  MPH can speed up brain function and improve memory.

Now if you want to see me burn this track up in a 44 second time trial Click Here Don't laugh, let's see you do better. Feel free to post a link to your run in the comment section. lol.


Note: Iphone has Real Racing 2 and BMW F1 Sauber racing. I am sure they will be ported to the android soon. Thanks for stopping buy good racing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to know many important things from this website.The content of this website are very useful.

2011 Daytona 500

FB Tweet G+ Like Buttons