Sunday, September 21, 2008

How To Pick A President 102 (Poll)

This is the second in a three part series of articles on how to pick a President. I have been amazed at the number of Americans that I have run into that do not know the basics of how to pick a President. This series are for those folks, and those of you, like me, who keep running into people who need a quick “how to” pick a President tune up from the neck up. So, come share what you know and learn what you don't.



2008 is a critical and historic Presidential election year and we need all hands on deck, with sufficient political literacy to make an informed judgment that moves our country forward.

Last Sunday in, How To 101, we talked about the two types of political decision models, inductive and deductive that combine to become your final decision. I showed you how I, subjectively, used these tools to write down my Top Three Political Issues in a concise bullet format that you could use to paint a picture of your political position to someone else in 30 seconds. Your homework was to write down your Top Three. Today we will expand on that start by adding party analysis.

Again let me forewarn you that I am a Democrat and my analysis is subjective. However, this should not affect your analysis. If you are a Republican, Independent or have other party affiliations, I expect you will do your analysis through your subjective filter, this is natural. What is important is that you think this process through and then scale it down to three bullet’s for each party. No magic it really is that simple and that hard. Here is my party analysis.

Naturally, I start by looking at the Eight year History of the Republican Party in control of all three branches of government. My bottom line is have they helped me and the country or have they hurt me, my family, friends and the word’s citizens. I think the questions and answers are clearer this year than in any year that I have voted.



Am I better off today than eight years ago? No!

What has Bush and the forty thieves (Neo-Cons) done for me lately?
Answer:
Endless War - at a cost of trillions not to mention human cost
Housing collapse – Millions of Americans losing their homes
Financial collapse – The thieves have stolen the “liquidity” (money) and left us in recession
Buyer confidence collapse –Which, industry will fail next

Here is my Top Thee from last week with my political analysis added.

Top Three Issues
2008 Presidential Election

1. Universal Sick Care (USC) (Pro-life for grown ups)
2. End the Iraq War in 30 days (Use money at home)
3. Green Moon Shot in 10 years (fix economy and form the future)

Key: They include my personal self-interests and What I think is important for the National interests.




My understanding of the major party positions as they relate to my Top Three

Democratic Position
1. Committed to USC
2. Committed to end Iraq War in 16 months
3. Headed in the right direction, energy, but no clear compact description that voters can get behind.

Republican Position
1. Against USC - ever
2. Win Iraq war - 100 years
3. Bail out Wall Street, Let Main Street eat cake


What does your Scale of Politics tell you about who is most likely to lead this Nation out of the Bush crisis? This year, you and I should make the Scale of Politics become the Scale of Justice.

One final note, voter suppression has started, Voter suppression is not just physically preventing people from voting or fraudulent mis-counting of the votes. Voter suppression can also be using Cultural Poisoning to activate fear in voters, for the purpose of disrupting their normal issues based analysis of the candidates and parties. For examples: Lets Go To The Video Tape

Don’t be trick out of your well thought out position, stay focused on your self-interests as reflected in your Top Three Issues.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

FB Tweet G+ Like Buttons